Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tri Training

I started triathlon training this week. I'm not signed up yet, but I started my training for a ladies only triathlon that is held at the end of July. Yesterday was a swim day--first time actually swimming, since I was a kid. I did okay, considering... I'm a nose plugger. I never learned to swim underwater without plugging my nose, so I spent most of my energy staying above water in the pool yesterday. I've since invested in one of those silly nose plugs, so we'll see how that works later this week. I was able to do a total of 450 yards in the time I was there. The first stint was somewhere between 50 and 100 yards. Then I had to take a breather between each 50 yards. I've got my work cut out for me.

Today is a bike day. Getting ready to get on the trainer now. The tornado watches and severe rain today made it impossible to go outside. Hubby and I are going to ride side by side on the trainer while watching Hulu. Gotta love it.

I have to say, I'm anxious to run again tomorrow. I'm really liking it and missing it now that I'm on to other things. Ah well... we'll see what happens from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment