Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Goals for the Half...

1. Finish. This shouldn't be a problem, unless I injure myself.
2. Run the whole 13.1 miles. Fingers crossed, shouldn't be a huge problem.
3. Finish in 2 1/2 hours. I'm torn on this one. I took the 12 miles slower than usual and I'm going to have to do it slower on Sunday too. In order to make 2 1/2 hours, I'll have to have just under an 11:30/mile pace. For the 12 mile training run, my pace was 11:52. That's a big difference, but I'm thinking with the excitement of the race, it might be doable. I'm going to take it easy during the first part of it and see how I feel.

Other than these three goals, I don't have a lot of expectations. This is my first race longer than a 5k, so I don't really know what to expect. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment