Saturday, May 7, 2011

Taper Week

This week I get to step back and taper my running in preparation for the big race next week. Tuesday and Thursday's runs were 4 miles each. I swear... I know I've said it again, but running is all mental. I ran 12 miles last week, right? I know I can do that. Except both of these 4 miles runs, I kept thinking that I couldn't do it. I couldn't do one more step beyond that 4 miles. It's crazy.

I went out today and ran my last "long" run--6 miles. It was 70 degrees out, sunny the first half and overcast the second half, but REALLY windy the whole time. I felt pretty good, after the first 1.5 miles. I must have gone out too fast because my shins really bothered me the first 1.5 miles. I actually stopped to stretch them out and then kept going. In today's run, I didn't feel like I couldn't do anymore than 6. I actually felt pretty good by the end and probably could have done more, but wasn't going to overdo it.

On the website for the marathon, they posted a video of someone driving the marathon course. After watching it, I feel so much better. It looks a lot flatter than I was expecting. I have trained by running over overpasses but it doesn't look like we'll even be changing elevation that much.

I also got my bib number. It's 6523! I like it. I'm not sure why, but I like it. You can follow my progress during the race via text or email, but I'm not sure what that link is yet. I'll post it when I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment