Saturday, May 7, 2011

Which One Will Show?

I'm not a consistent runner. Some days I'll go out and just kill it (fast, for me) and run under an 11:00/mile pace. Some days, lately, I'll go out and run a pace of over 12:00. I'm so inconsistent and I'm never sure which "runner" will show up until I'm out there running.

There are days that I feel really good running. Any discomfort can be worked through quickly. Other days I have to stop to stretch out a muscle. I don't know what causes this inconsistency. I stretch before I run (I have to, ever since the plantar fasciitis decided to make its way to my foot).

Which "runner" will show up next weekend? I don't know. I want to be able to finish and not kill myself, so it's okay if the slower me shows up. However, I wouldn't mind being faster.

Later this week I'll try to post my goals for the half-marathon on Sunday. I can't believe it's almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment