Saturday, May 21, 2011

Benefits of Running

After running this 1/2 marathon in Cleveland, I've been doing some reflecting... what are some of the good things about running? A certain someone, not to be named, has asked why would anyone want to run without being chased? Here's my answers:
1. I feel great. Running has given me my health back (not that it was bad to begin with)
2. I've been told I look great. I've lost all my baby weight and 10 more pounds, putting me 10lbs lighter than I was before I had kid #1. I haven't weighed this since high school, I think.
3. It gives me "me" time. I can go out, clear my mind and not think about anything or be bothered by anyone.
4. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. As I've reached my little (and big) milestones and goals, I feel like I can do anything.
5. The half marathon gave me a natural high.... it's like a drug. I couldn't wait to go out there and run again after it. I can't wait to sign up for my next one.
6. I'm inspiring others. I know of at least three-four other people who want to get started...and that's awesome to me.
7. The support from friends and family is amazing. When my mental game isn't on, my friends and family have more confidence in my than I do in myself. Strangers along the course provided the support DURING the race too... which was totally awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment