Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Race Weekend!

I'm sitting here in the hotel, wondering what's going to happen tomorrow. We've gone from a sunny day to torrential downpour to thunderstorms and now it's a light rain. Maybe it'll get all the rain out of the system now before tomorrow. I have not trained in heavy rain so I would not have fun...

That being said, we scoped out the start/finish lines, went to the expo, picked up our bibs and shirts, had dinner and now are relaxing before heading to bed. I have so many things going through my mind right now... and the rain isn't helping. I'm a ball of nerves right now!

Thursday's short 2 mile run scared me. It was 85 degrees and muggy. I really didn't feel good running, at all. I never fell into a groove and my legs hurt. That made me nervous. Today, I had a 10-12 minute run, which was a mile for me. I felt really good this morning... I took it pretty easy and I'm glad. I feel a little better about tomorrow's run now. Granted, it was only a mile.... :)

Okay folks, I'm off to bed in a little bit before an early start--4:30 or 5:00am. Uck!

No comments:

Post a Comment