Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Off Track

I got off track on my tri-training last week. Hubby and I were on a cruise to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, so it was for a good reason! Don't yell at me :) I did work out twice on the boat, so at least I did something. I ran one time, probably 2 miles and I rode bike for 30 minutes. I'm trying to get back on track this week. We finally found some swimming goggles that work for me. Of course they were in the kids' section... So, with those goggles and a nose plug, I set out to swim today and see what I really could do (I grew up plugging my nose when I swam, or wearing full-faced goggles). Once I found out the goggles were okay, I went to town. I was able to do almost a full 100 yards before I had to stop to catch my breath. My form is awful and it was very awkward today trying to focus on breathing, kicking and paddling. I really tried focusing on my breathing since that was the most important part of it. Once I get that pattern down, I can focus on other things.

The triathlon is scheduled for the end of July and I'm debating whether or not I should do this one still or try another one later in the season. I just don't know if I'll be ready for it or not. Maybe I'll give it a few more weeks and see what happens. I have until mid-July to register.

No comments:

Post a Comment