Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where Have I Been?

It's been a while, but I'm still here and still training for my triathlon. I'm sticking to the scheduled training now that we're back from our cruise. Here's what the schedule usually has me doing:

Monday--rest (woohoo!)
Tuesday--swim
Wednesday--bike
Thursday--run
Friday--swim
Saturday--run
Sunday--bike/run w/transition.

I haven't been able to do the bike/run transition yet, but I'm not worried. I need to focus on swimming and figuring out how to breathe. Hubby got a book and a video from the library to help me learn and to help him improve his swimming but we haven't watched it yet. Hopefully it'll help because I need some serious help to get the endurance going on the swim...

I still miss running though. After my triathlon, I think I'm going to focus back on running. I love the freedom it gives me, the exhilaration and how good it makes me feel when I'm done. I really feel like I did some work when I get done running. I probably will still do another triathlon someday but I really enjoy the running right now. Maybe after I really figure out the swim, I'll enjoy it more.

Any swimming tips from anyone out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment