Friday, March 11, 2011

This Week's Training

After the race on Sunday, I was pretty excited to start picking up the mileage this week. My two runs during the week increased to four miles each.

Tuesday's run was pretty uneventful, a little windy but not too bad. Wednesday's cross-training was on the bike at the Y for 30 minutes. Thursday, the weather was kind of iffy. It had rained and was slightly misty. I wasn't sure I wanted to run outside or not, but I knew I wouldn't be able to get four miles inside, and wanted to get some experience running in different weather (who knows what race day will bring) so I ran outside. The weather actually held out until about 3.25 miles. Then it started a rain/snow mix. It wasn't too bad, I just need to wear a hat in this type of weather. It was a little difficult to get into to run, but after the first mile or so I was okay.

Today I woke up and one of my arches hurt so bad, I could barely walk. I've been having arch pain for a while, but after I wake up and stretch the foot out a little, it's usually better. Today... not so much. My arch bothered me all day long, getting up and down and walking. It's tender to the touch. I've done some research to see what it could be and it could be anything from a heel spur to plantar fasciitis, to a flat foot. I don't know what it is, but I certainly hope tomorrow is better. I've got six miles to do this weekend, and I'm not sure that I can do it with this pain.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment