Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rough Week

This has been a tough week for me, even though it's a step-down week. I've been really tired this week. I'm behind on my sleep and can't seem to catch up. Tuesday, I really wanted to skip the run, but I didn't. IT was three miles and I ran my fastest ever with a pace under 11:00/mile! Wednesday I rode the bike for 30 minutes... just wanted to nap in my car, but I found the motivation to keep at it. Today I just wanted to sleep too, but didn't. I forced myself to run. I thought 34 degrees was going to be warm enough, but it was so windy that I was cold a lot of the run. I didn't wear my earband and I should have. My ears were really cold. Three miles with an 11:00 pace in the wind... not bad. I'm getting faster!

How do I get the motivation? I ask myself that a lot. I just think that on race day, what am I going to do if it rains? What if it's windy? What if it is cold? I've got to get used to any of these so I just go out and do it. I can't give up.

Sunday is the 7k race--4.34 miles. Shouldn't be too bad, as long as the rain holds out.

No comments:

Post a Comment