Sunday, February 27, 2011

This Week's Training

It's been an interesting week for training, since the weather has been kinda crazy. Monday was a rest day... Tuesday I was forced to run inside because of the snow and nothing being cleared enough to run. I didn't do so hot. I've been spoiled running outside... I ran 1 mile on the indoor track, then planned on doing 2.5 miles on the treadmill. I failed... I ended up doing 3.25 total miles, but I had to walk some of it. I know for sure that if I ran outside I could have done it all, but the treadmill is not my friend.

Wednesday was cross-training. I did 30 minutes on a stationary bike at the gym. Not too bad.

Thursday's run was great. 3.5 miles outside, in the neighborhood's near the Y. Weather was nice, and the run wasn't too bad. Refreshing.

Friday was a rest day.

This weekend I'm supposed to do 5.5 miles and 40 minutes of cross-training. Due to some OT at work and schedule conflicts, I didn't get to do anything yesterday. I'm going to do the 5.5 miles today (rain, please hold off until I'm done!) and then I'll use tomorrow's rest day to make up the 40 minutes of cross-training. I'm looking forward to getting out today. I'm feeling that pre-run rush and can't wait to get out.

Next week is a step-down/race weeks, so I won't have to do as far. Sunday is a 7k race for me that will hopefully have hubby and the kids cheering for me at the finish line. I heard the weather is supposed to be nice next week to... After next week is when the weekend long runs start to increase by a mile at a time. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment