Sunday, February 20, 2011

I did it!

I didn't really doubt that I could do it, but there were times during the run that I wanted to quit. Hubby did a 25k this morning and when he was done, I went out on the same course while he stayed with the kids. Since I started so much later, I didn't see anyone on the course for the first three miles so I had to talk to myself... not outloud, but I kept telling myself that this was two runs... a two mile run and a three mile run (or vice versa). It actually wasn't bad.

My pace for the five miles was 11:03, with a total time of 55:18. That pace is amazing for me. I was hoping for somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00. No music this time. I had my mp3 player with me and had my earband on. I went out so quickly that I forgot to put my headphones on. It would have been too much work to do while I was running so I just went without. Unfortunately, I had my phone in my pocket and it bounced annoyingly in my pocket the whole time. Uch!

Mother Nature held off for me too. As soon as I got back in the parking lot, the snow started to fall slightly. By the time I got back to the kids and hubby, the snow was coming down big time.

So, how is my knee? Great! I didn't really feel it until about 4.5 miles in. After I was done I felt it a little, but my thighs hurt more than anything else, from riding my bike on the trainer yesterday. Feeling pretty good right now! I'm on a high. Five miles... never thought that would happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment