Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Longest Run Ever!

Literally! This weekend I had 15 miles on the schedule. I've known I had to do this one myself due to scheduling issues so I convinced myself I was excited to do this. Before this weekend, I'd only run 13.1 miles as my furthest run.

It started off pretty well. About 10 miles into it, I started to feel a little winded. Luckily I was getting close to a bathroom on my  route. I decided to stop and use the facilities and catch my breath a little. I knew it was 5.3 miles back to my house so after a couple of minutes I was off again.

The wind was in my face for the next 2 1/2 miles. That was the roughest part. I was really struggling but I kept repeating my new mantra--"no excuses, no regrets." I turned the corner onto my road with 2 miles left to go. My feet really started to bother me at the point. I knew I couldn't stop running because I wouldn't be able to start up again. I just took it really easy and pushed through. 15 miles in 2:52, with a pace of 11:29, right where I want to be for the marathon.

I think my biggest problem right now is my shoes. I wore my Kinvaras but those don't have the proper padding on the balls of my feet. I'm just going to have to go to the running store and talk with someone there to see what would be best for my feet on the long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment