Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tri Eve

Tomorrow is the big day! I swam in the lake yesterday, first time in open water. It didn't go so well out of the gate. I've never swum in waves before and going out, I was headed straight for them. Between that and possibly going out to fast, something took my breath away and knocked the wind out of me. I tried to keep going, but it didn't last long. I swam back to shore and regained my breath. Then I turned around and headed the other way, with the waves. That was a lot better but I had to turn around so I stopped.

I picked up my packet today, checked out the quarry and swim area. I attended my "orientation" and heard all about the event. I'm still nervous as can be about the swim. Once I get beyond that, I should be okay, but it's the swim that will get me, if anything.

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment