Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dread

Has anyone ever dreaded a race? I realized today that I'm not looking forward to this weekend's race very much. It's my first triathlon and I don't feel like I'm ready. Today was the first swim that I was actually able to swim the full 400 yards distance and that was because I told myself I had to. I have not swum (or is it swam?) in open water, I have not practiced my swim/bike transition, and I'm really nervous about the jelly legs on the run. I guess it's just more nervousness and lack of confidence that makes me dread this race. It was completely my idea to do this, but I wish I would have chosen one later in the season to give me more time to train.

I don't know... I'm sure I'll have fun once I get going but right now I can't wait for Sunday to be over....

No comments:

Post a Comment