Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tendonitis Again?

I went to see my Athletic Trainer at work today because of my ankle/calf issues. Bottom line is, he thinks it's tendonitis and wants me to take some time off. I'm not sure that I can do it. I get ansty and get bored with the bike and elliptical. I do have to say that I didn't even make it one day. It's November but it was 70 degrees in NW Ohio, so I really wanted to exercise outside today. Since I go right from work, it was either walking or running. Running gets the job done more for me so I started off running but didn't even make it 3/4 of a mile before I was in so much pain and couldn't continue.

I'm scheduled to run a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving so hopefully I can rest before then and go out on Thanksgiving and give it m all, hopefully healed. I don't know how I'm going to do it. I'm too antsy and want to get out and run! Any advice on how to stay inactive or how to make ankle tendonitis heal magically fast? :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man - I soooo know what you mean! I have to stop running for 6-8 weeks due to a hip injury. It sucks. I started out OK on the bike and swimming, but a holiday and warm weather mean I haven't done anything for a couple of weeks now. On the plus side, my hip feels better. I have about 2 more weeks until I can even contemplate running again.

    Ice, stretching, foam roller, strengthening and bit of cardio. Nothing else for it.

    ReplyDelete