Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Making a Comeback?

I've been struggling through some ankle problems lately. My right outer ankle has been hurting about a half mile into my runs. I took last week off, hoping it'll help since I'm supposed to be running another 5k this weekend with my sister (no strollers this time--yay!) Well, on Saturday, we were out of town and I was going to take it easy and do a nice slow mile/mile and a half run. Well, things were going so well that I ended up knocking out a 3 mile run! It wasn't pain-free, but it definitely felt better than it did before.

Today I was curious to see what would happen. Unfortunately it was raining outside so I had to run on the treadmill. That worried me with my ankle, but I managed to eke out 2.5 miles. After the first mile, I took a little walking break, less than a quarter of a mile then started running again and ran the rest of the way. I stopped to walk mostly because I had a stomach cramp I couldn't shake. I usually breathe through them, but today I was a little self conscious in the gym with someone walking right next to me, so I didn't want to breathe too heavily and look silly. I know, that's a crazy thing to worry about, but the walking break seemed to help get rid of it though.

Is this a comeback? My ankle still is a little tight/sore (I can't really explain what the pain is or what is causing it), mostly after I run, but these last two runs have felt better. I don't know what my speed will be like on Saturday, but I will definitely be able to run again! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I can't wait to run with you on Saturday! It'll be my first 5K by myself. :)

    ReplyDelete