Saturday, October 1, 2011

4 miles today

I was supposed to get up early today and run before #1's cross country meet, but it had been raining and I could hear the wind blowing like crazy. Yeah, I turned my alarm off. Anyone who really knows me, knows I'll find any excuse to not get up and to sleep in. Hubby and #1 went to the cross country meet themselves so I stayed home with #2 and #3. The schedule worked out that when they got home, hubby went for a bike ride, and when he got back I went for a run.

The wind was still blowing pretty strongly and as small as I am, I was afraid that I would blow away :) I ended up driving over to the towpath along the river and ran out there. It's blocked by trees there so it wasn't windy at all down there.

I went out knowing that I had more time than I usually do on the weekdays so I wanted to do more than 3 miles. It was an out-and-back, so I my plan was to go out two miles and come back the two (mentally, I would have like to do more, but I didn't have THAT much time). At the mile and a half mark, my ankle was really starting to bother me. I was going to ignore it and work through the pain, but it started to hurt upon impact. So at the two mile turnaround I stopped and stretched the ankle. After that it was fine but I had to take it slower on the way back. I ended up do the four miles in 44:08. A lot slower than the first half pace was but I got through it.

Wish I knew what was the problem. This ankle has been bothering me for a while now. I know it's not the shoes because it hurt before I got these new shoes... any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment