Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stats and "Short Run" update

So, I said I was going to post some stats on Monday, but never got around to it. Here are the total miles run per month (that were recorded with my Garmin)

January: 35.22 (I officially started my training at the end of the month)
February: 51.85
March: 80.10
April (so far): 11.22
Total: 178.39

This doesn't include any miles that I've ridden on the bike, or any time spent doing other cross-training (including Tae Bo). It only picks up from here...

Speaking of that, my short runs this week jump to 5 miles. Yesterday's run started off rough. I forgot a bunch of things and had to make do with what was in my gym bag. Luckily, I tend to overpack since I have to pack for all kinds of weather.

I started off feeling very clunky. It's hard to explain but I felt like I was clunky and making very heavy steps. It was also very windy. The route I had planned, unfortunately had me coming into the wind on the second half, and there was no way around it. I ended up stopping twice and rolling my ankles and stretching some more to see if it would help. Eventually I just kept pushing my way through it and just had to go with it.

The wind was brutal. I ended up having more of a strength workout because of the wind. Finally I worked through whatever it was and finished the five mile run. Phew! Hopefully tomorrow's will be better.

Today's cross-training was a session of Tae Bo, with Billy Blanks. I've been having an issue with one of my hips getting tired and not wanting to do anymore so I thought all the kicking and stretching he does will help. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment