Saturday, April 30, 2011

Minor Setback

Tuesday's run was a great run. I wasn't sure if it was going to rain or not and there was a tornado watch but I decided to risk it anyway. It turned out to be quite windy, but overall a nice run--5.5 miles. Thursday was supposed to be the last 5.5 run before this weekend's 12 mile run and then the taper before the race. Unfortunately at 3am on Thursday morning I woke up shivering with a fever of 101.2. I spent the day in bed and on the couch and spent Friday recovering still. Today's schedule didn't work out for my run, so it'll have to wait til tomorrow. But today I woke up and my legs ached so bad. It's been four days since I ran and my body needed to get moving. Instead of jumping back into running, not knowing if I was still weak and recovering, I decided get on my bike on the trainer. I rode for 55 minutes and felt really good.

What will tomorrow's run bring? I really don't know. I have 12 on the schedule, but don't want to overdo it since I'm still getting getting over the bug. We'll see what happens tomorrow and how I feel then.

Two weeks until race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment