Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy National Running Day!

Today, on National Running Day, I ran! The kids and I volunteered at a water stop at a race today and after it was over, I ran from the water stop, to the start/finish line--1.37 miles! Big deal, right? NO. This is the first time I've run pain-free since my marathon. Didn't want to push it too much, so I stopped there. I wanted to keep going and going but I don't want to injure it again. I took it nice and easy, as I had an 11 year old running with me (random volunteer). I'm very excited! Hopefully this means I'm back!

Now the question is what to do tomorrow... I've been working out on the elliptical at the gym while taking my running hiatus. I really want to get out and run tomorrow and bust out three miles, but I don't want to push it. The weather has been nice, 70 degrees, so I don't want to wait too long. It'll be 90 soon and too hot to run outside. I want to do it outside and not on the treadmill. I think I'll go elliptical tomorrow and run on Friday. Hopefully the weather holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment