Saturday, June 15, 2013

Easing Back in to Running!

The title says it all! I am back, baby! Last weekend I ran 2 miles on day then too the plunge to the three mile mark on Sunday. My Achille's tendon is still bothering me, but I can work through that. After the first half mile, the pain essentially goes away. The calf on the other foot has been feeling great. I ran Saturday last week, Sunday, then Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Friday, I only went two miles because I could start to feel a little pain in the calf, so instead of pushing it I walked another half mile back to my car. However, today, my schedule didn't work out to go out for a run, so while the kids ate breakfast I made my first run on  our treadmill. I felt really good  on the treadmill, but the kids kept calling, so I only got in about 2 miles. I forgot to restart my watch after getting a drink of water, so I don't know for sure (the treadmill pace/distance is not correct).

So I'm feeling pretty good, but still scared to push it. I really want to go out and do a 5k and get a PR, but I think my asthma is going to put a hinder on that one and I don't think my calf is quite ready for that yet. Well, it might be, but I'm afraid to push it.

I'm looking to do a half marathon in the fall and see what happens from there. The one I'm thinking about is Thanksgiving weekend, in beautiful Amish country. It'll be hilly so it won't be a PR, but I think it'll be fun. Hopefully I'll stay injury-free and be able to slowly work my mileage up before my training should begin. Maybe I won't get injured afterwards, like I have been after every long race I've done....  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment