Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Less Than Three Weeks...

Well, my second half marathon is in less than three weeks. This past weekend I had 12 miles on the schedule. I knew it was going to be tough because I had to do it myself, but I didn't realize HOW tough. It was really slow going. At the beginning I blamed it on the wind, but once I changed directions (about the halfway mark) it was still pretty slow. My knees were bothering me, my hips were tight and I was exhausted. I pushed my way through it and finished, but it was not pretty. My calves are still pretty sore from the run. I rode my bike on the trainer yesterday and knocked out 5.5 today.

This is my last big week before the race. I have 12 on the schedule for this weekend, but I'm ahead of schedule so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. After this weekend is the much anticipated taper weeks! I'm excited to see what I can do this race cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment