Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Last Week!

Well, less than a week to go before my second half marathon! I'm super excited. I can't wait to see what I can do this year. I really have no idea what to expect. The training runs we've been doing have been in a 10:40 pace on average. There were some of the runs that part of them were sub 10 minutes and I was feeling pretty good. So, what are my goals?

Goal #1: Beat my time from last year--2:27:02. I think that's pretty doable (pace of 10:14)
Goal #2: 2:19:59
Goal #3: 2:14:59
Goal #4--pretty optimistic and probably unrealistic--1:59:59. I would be ecstatic. This is a 9:59 pace.

In talking with hubby this weekend, I was trying to decide what my realistic goals were. He's the one that put the goal #4 in my head and thinks it's doable. Why does he have more confidence in me than I do? He thinks I can do it, I do not... One thing we discussed is putting ourselves out of our comfort zones and pushing ourselves. I realized that I don't really do that when I run. I'm more worried about saving my energy so I can get through the run. Last year when I ran my first half marathon, I had way too much energy left. So, on today's run I decided to push myself. I had 4 miles on the schedule, which would usually take me 40-45 minutes. When running myself I tend to run slower, so it is closer to an 11:00 pace. Today, I killed it! I had a pace of 9:38 and ran it in less than 39 minutes! Someone told me that under a 10:00/mile pace means that I'm a runner! Does that mean I need to change the name of my blog?? :)

I really don't think that I'll be able to go under 10:00 on Sunday. I'm being realistic, not pessimistic. We'll see what happens. As long as I beat one of my goals, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment