Tuesday, December 27, 2011

No Real Updates

So, last week I was scheduled to see my primary doctor so I thought I'd ask her about seeing a PT for my ankle. In order to get a good idea of how it felt, I decided to run on it to see how it felt. I ran on Tuesday last week, on the treadmill. I did 3 miles, with virtually no pain. It was awesome. I knew I wasn't out of the woods yet though. The true test would be running more than one day in a week. So, my next scheduled run was for Thursday, which I did at the group run, held by one of our local running stores. My usual loop is 3 miles, and I was pushing a jogging stroller. A started feeling it about 1 1/2 miles in but made myself keep running to the two mile mark. Then I remembered and I didn't want to push it and injure myself anymore. I walked for about a 1/10 of a mile and saw some of the other runners nearby. I have to admit that I didn't want them to see me walking, so I picked it up again and ran the rest of the three miles. It felt pretty good, but I'm nervous now. I haven't run since, and haven't been running my long runs on the weekends. This week, because of the holidays, it's been a bit crazy but I hope to to go back again soon. I'm off work with the kids this week, so finding time to go out has been a bit difficult and the rest of the week is booked, so we'll see. I may have to get up early and do a DVD or video workout in the meantime...

Here's hoping it's healing. I will be scheduling PT though, hopefully to strengthen the ankle though.

No comments:

Post a Comment