Thursday, April 25, 2013

Goals

Three days out from the race. Do I have a goal in mind? Of course I do. I set a goal for myself right when I started training for this. Unfortunately I don't think I'll make my initial time goal but if I finish I'll be happy.

Here is a lowdown of my goals:
1. Finish the marathon
2. Get it done in the 6 hour time limit (don't get picked up by the SAG wagon!)
3. 5 1/2 hours
4. 5 hours--run the whole time.

My plan is to run with the 4:55 pace group--the last one they have. I'm hoping this will keep me motivated to run more, if not all of it.

442 miles since January 1st. This journey is coming to a close. I'm excited, nervous, anxious, yet sad to see this ending. I like how training keeps me disciplined in the routine of exercise. If I'm not training for something, I WILL find an excuse to not do it. So the question is... what's next? We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment