Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Redemption Runs Rock!

This last weekend's run was a disaster. I was supposed to run 5 miles. I went about 10am on Saturday and was pretty excited. I was going myself and was actually pretty excited. I put on my trail shoes to get traction in the 1/2 inch of snow and set out. I was feeling pretty good and running on the balls of my feet as much as I could. Unfortunately this was probably a mistake. I was going to go out 1.5 miles, turn around and go past the car for a mile, then come back. At the 2 mile point, I was in so much pain in my calves that I couldn't go any further. I tried leaning back on my feet, but then my ankle hurt. Both types of pain hurt so bad that I couldn't run anymore. I walked the next mile back to my car... in the mean time I was determined not to give up on the mileage, just the run. I was going to do 5 miles somehow but it would just take longer. I stopped at the car to text hubby and let him know I'd be a little longer than planned and told him why. My frustration got to me and I locked my keys in my car. Luckily I still had the phone with me. Texted hubby and told him I'd need the spare key in about a 1/2 hour. I ended up finished the 5 miles with several unsuccessful attempts to run.

Today I had 3.5 miles on the schedule. It was 58 degrees, on January 31st so I took advantage of the beautiful day. It was a little windy but I was bound and determined to re-do the run from Saturday. I had my route picked and everything. This time, I went back and forth between running on the balls of my feet and running more flat-footed. I tried to do more on the balls of my feet but when my calves started to hurt, I'd fall to flat-footed and run like that for a while. Unfortunately my ankle was bothering me but I pushed through it. I wanted to quit so bad, but I I did it! 5 miles in the bag! Yes! It felt so good!

If I can do it, you can do it too. Set your mind to complete your goal and you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment